Tuesday 28 September 2010

The Greatest Show On Earth - Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins has a style of writing that really really appeals.  He is able to describe complex ideas in a understandable, witty, precise way and in this book he is on top form.  He presents step by step all the evidence for evolution.  If you are reading this book chances are you already broadly believe in evolutionary theories but this explains and clarifies all the bits you didn't quite get.  I always love his asides and digressions which teach me all sorts of interesting facts.  Being Richard Dawkins he can't resist poking and teasing people who don't agree with him but he is fairly restrained in most of this book.

I started this book thinking I was fairly unlikely to make it all the way through but once I got started I didn't look back.  Excellent book which made me feel smart for reading.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment